***Please note that prices shown in your own currency are estimates for reference only. All purchases will be made in euro, and exchange rates may differ depending on your bank.***
Make sure the beginning music theory concepts are fully understood and remembered with Thinking Theory Prep Book Plus. This book further reinforces concepts learnt in the Thinking Theory Prep Book so you can be sure your student is ready for Thinking Theory Book One.
This book is designed with the student in mind. All concepts are revisited in different ways throughout the book. This systematic and consistent review means that students are learning for the long term, not just for a one page worksheet.
- Note Values: Quaver, Dotted Crotchet, Crotchet, Minim, Dotted Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Rest Values: Crotchet, Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Time Signatures: 2:4, 3:4 & 4:4
- Landmark notes: Bass C, Bass F, Middle C, Treble G & Treble C
- Dynamics: Pianissimo, Piano, Mezzo Piano, Mezzo Forte, Forte, Fortissimo, Crescendo & Diminuendo
- Tempo Marks: Ritenuto, Ritardando, Rallentando, Allegro, Allegretto, Moderato, Andante
- Markings/Symbols: Staccato, Slurs & Repeat Marks
- Solfa: Do, Re, Mi & So
- Scales: C Major & G Major
- Tones, Semitones & Enharmonics (USA terms are used in the USA version)
What is Thinking Theory?
- Thinking Theory is a series of music theory workbooks, designed to accelerate learning while providing plenty of reinforcement of each concept.
- All concepts are presented in a clear and concise way and page layouts are clean and consistent.
- No topic is introduced without being revisited several times later in the book.
- Thinking Theory is designed so you can start anywhere in the series. Concepts are not left out of later books, just covered more quickly.
- The flashcard games provide a unique way to learn away from the page, and make learning and teaching more secure and more fun.
- The “Level Up!” tests at the end of each chapter and book allow you to evaluate student learning and plan their next step.
- The Thinking Theory Plus books provide a lateral move for students who had finished one book but are not quite ready for the next.
- Singing with solfa (moveable do) is integrated into the theory books. Solfa helps students with ear training, transposing, sight reading and composition.
Where does the Prep Book fit in?
- The Prep Book is perfect for younger students or those who need to move more slowly than Book One.
- The Prep Book is recommended for most beginner under 10 years old.