Welcome to the Colourful Keys blog, it’s great to see you here!
I love sharing piano teaching ideas, resources, & tips with other teachers who are passionate about teaching the creative way. I want to help you to inspire more students to become lifelong pianists – and hopefully inspire you along the way too.
I’ve been doing this for a little while now, and I want to make sure you find what you’re looking for. To help you on your way, here’s some of the favourite piano teaching ideas I’ve shared on the blog.
Enjoy exploring, and please feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email. I love hearing from fellow creative teachers!
Piano Teaching Strategies & Tips
- 3 Useful Styles of Lesson Plans for Piano Teachers to Try
- What You Need to Know to Teach Piano Students with Special Needs
- Rote Teaching 101: 5 Simple Tips for Piano Teachers
- A Practical Guide to Teaching Adult Piano Students
Piano Studio Business and Balance
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Smarter with Your Piano Studio Business
- Don’t Leave! Proven Ways to Stop Your Teen Students Quitting
- My Top Tips for Avoiding Piano Teacher Burnout
- 11 Ideas to Market Your Piano Studio and Get More Students
- How to Plan a New Student Interview or Meeting
Piano Parents & Piano Practice
- Absolutely Outstanding Advice for Parents of Piano Students
- 3 Keys to Rock Solid Piano Parent Relationships
- What I Wish I Knew About Piano Practice 12 Years Ago
- Piano Practice Kits: Efficient Practice Gamified
Creative Piano Teaching
- The Big Secret of Teaching Improvisation to Piano Students
- 4 Awesome Added Benefits of Teaching Composing to Students
Piano Scales & Technique
- The Secret of Motivation for Scales and Other “Boring” Tasks in My Studio
- Making Scales Stick: 7 Ways to Practice Scales
Gameified Music Theory
If you want more games based music theory, you might want to check out the Vibrant Music Teaching membership.
Preschool & Group Teaching
- The Ultimate Compendium of Buddy Lesson Activities
- Top Tips for Keeping Preschool Lessons Under Control
- How I Make Lesson Plans for Partner Lessons
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
If you had a specific post in mind but you can’t quite remember it well enough to search for it – send me an email. I’ll try to find it for you.
If there’s something you wish I would write about or a resource that you need in your studio, feel free to email me with requests too!