***Please note that prices shown in your own currency are estimates for reference only. All purchases will be made in euro, and exchange rates may differ depending on your bank.***
Make sure the intermediate music theory concepts are fully understood and remembered with Thinking Theory Book Three Plus. This book further reinforces concepts learnt in Thinking Theory Book Three so you can be sure your student is ready to continue their journey.
This book is designed with the student in mind. All concepts are revisited in different ways throughout the book. This systematic and consistent review means that students are learning for the long term, not just for a one page worksheet.
- Note Values: Semiquaver, Quaver, Dotted Quaver, Crotchet, Dotted Crotchet, Minim, Dotted Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Rest Values: Semiquaver, Quaver, Crotchet, Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Time Signatures: 2:4, 3:4 & 4:4
- Landmark Notes: Low C, Bass C, Bass F, Middle C, Treble G, Treble C & High C
- Note stem rules
- Grouping Semiquavers, Quavers & Rests in Simple Time (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Dynamics: Pianissimo, Piano, Mezzo Piano, Mezzo Forte, Forte, Fortissimo, Crescendo & Diminuendo
- Tempo Marks: Ritenuto, Ritardando, Rallentando, Allegro, Allegretto, Moderato, Andante
- Expression Marks: Dolce, Grazioso & Cantabile
- Markings/Symbols: Accidentals, Staccato, Slurs, Repeat Marks, Fermata, Accent, Stress, 1st and 2nd Endings, 8va & 8vb
- Solfa: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La & Ti
- Scales: C Major, G Major, D Major & F Major
- Triads: C Major, G Major, D Major & F Major
- Tones, Semitones & Enharmonics (USA terms are used in the USA version)
What is Thinking Theory?
- Thinking Theory is a series of music theory workbooks, designed to accelerate learning while providing plenty of reinforcement of each concept.
- All concepts are presented in a clear and concise way and page layouts are clean and consistent.
- No topic is introduced without being revisited several times later in the book.
- Thinking Theory is designed so you can start anywhere in the series. Concepts are not left out of later books, just covered more quickly.
- The flashcard games provide a unique way to learn away from the page, and make learning and teaching more secure and more fun.
- The “Level Up!” tests at the end of each chapter and book allow you to evaluate student learning and plan their next step.
- The Thinking Theory Plus books provide a lateral move for students who had finished one book but are not quite ready for the next.
- Singing with solfa (moveable do) is integrated into the theory books. Solfa helps students with ear training, transposing, sight reading and composition.