These dice can be used for the same games as the musical alphabet dice, but here’s a few more ideas to keep you going!
- Improvise using the scale or chord of the note you roll.
- Play the piece you are currently working on, omitting all the “blanks”.
- Roll both dice and use the notes as the starting inspiration for a new composition!
How to assemble
- Download the treble clef dice and/or bass clef dice and print it out, on card ideally.
- Cut around the outside.
- Score along the edges of the tabs so they will fold neatly.
- Attach the tabs to the inside of the adjoining square using either glue or double-sided tape (how it goes together will make sense once you start!).
- Enjoy all the possibilities!
Let me know if you have any questions about the dice below. I’d love to hear any other ideas you have for games as well!
More Piano Teaching Games
You can find tons more free games like this in the Off-the-bench Catalogue. They’re even organised by concept so you can find the perfect game for your student.