The race is on to name notes and chords in this multi-level Christmas music game! Can your students fly across the rooftops to find the green Santa hat?
Reindeer Race has four great levels to suit different students:
- Level 1 to reinforce landmark notes
- Level 2 for notes on the staff
- Level 3 for ledger line reading
- Level 4 for major and minor chords
All the levels can be used side-by-side, too, so this game is a great fit for multi-level group workshops.
About Reindeer Race
How to Play
- Choose an appropriate card level for each player (multiple levels can be used simultaneously by different players)
- Level 1: Landmark notes
- Level 2: Notes within the staff
- Level 3: Ledger line notes
- Level 4: Major and minor chords
- Place a counter for each player on the first rooftop at the left of the board.
- Players take turns to draw a card (at the appropriate level) and then name the note or chord.
- If they are correct, then they move forward to the next roof with a Santa hat flag.
- If they are incorrect, then they stay where they are.
- The winner is the first to reach the last rooftop with the green Santa hat.
To assemble this game:
- Print out the game board (pages 3-4). Trim along the dotted lines, laminate if desired and then tape the board pieces together.
- Print out the game cards (page 5-20) double-sided. Trim along the dotted lines and laminate if desired.
- You will also need a game counter (eraser, small toy, button, etc.) for each player.
Multi-level music games are great for group lessons and siblings. In this Christmas game, players will be practising either note names or major and minor chords at their level.
Download the Game
Subscribe to the newsletter and get the Reindeer Race game
Enter your details to subscribe to the newsletter for piano teachers with information, tips and offers.
I hate spam as much as you do! I will only send you emails related directly to piano teaching and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Are you a Vibrant Music Teaching member? Click here to view this game in the Printable Library.
What’s your favourite Christmas music game?
Do you get your students together for a piano party or group workshop during the holiday season? What activities have you tried in the past that worked well?