***Please note that prices shown in your own currency are estimates for reference only. All purchases will be made in euro, and exchange rates may differ depending on your bank.***
Accelerate your early intermediate students’ learning with the Thinking Theory Book Two! This book covers basic time signatures, note values, note names, markings, and scales; with plenty of review to reinforce these essential concepts.
This book is designed with the student in mind. All concepts are revisited in different ways throughout the book, and the flashcard games provide a fun way to reinforce learning. Students can start in any book, there is no need to go back to Thinking Theory Book One if your student is already at an intermediate level.
Thinking Theory avoids giving students “busywork” and keeps layouts clean. If a student does need extra review after finishing this book they can move to Book Two Plus for lateral work to really cement the concepts.
- Note Values: Semiquaver, Quaver, Dotted Quaver, Crotchet, Dotted Crotchet, Minim, Dotted Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Rest Values: Semiquaver, Quaver, Crotchet, Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Time Signatures: 2:4, 3:4 & 4:4
- Landmark Notes: Low C, Bass C, Bass F, Middle C, Treble G, Treble C & High C
- Note stem rules
- Grouping Semiquavers, Quavers & Rests in Simple Time (USA terms are used in the USA version)
- Dynamics: Pianissimo, Piano, Mezzo Piano, Mezzo Forte, Forte, Fortissimo, Crescendo & Diminuendo
- Tempo Marks: Ritenuto, Ritardando, Rallentando, Allegro, Allegretto, Moderato, Andante
- Expression Marks: Dolce, Grazioso & Cantabile
- Markings/Symbols: Accidentals, Staccato, Slurs, Repeat Marks, Fermata, Accent, Stress, 1st and 2nd Endings, 8va & 8vb
- Solfa: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La & Ti
- Scales: C Major, G Major, D Major & F Major
- Triads: C Major, G Major, D Major & F Major
- Tones, Semitones & Enharmonics (USA terms are used in the USA version)
What is Thinking Theory?
- Thinking Theory is a series of music theory workbooks, designed to accelerate learning while providing plenty of reinforcement of each concept.
- All concepts are presented in a clear and concise way and page layouts are clean and consistent.
- No topic is introduced without being revisited several times later in the book.
- Thinking Theory is designed so you can start anywhere in the series. Concepts are not left out of later books, just covered more quickly.
- The flashcard games provide a unique way to learn away from the page, and make learning and teaching more secure and more fun.
- The “Level Up!” tests at the end of each chapter and book allow you to evaluate student learning and plan their next step.
- The Thinking Theory Plus books provide a lateral move for students who had finished one book but are not quite ready for the next.
- Singing with solfa (moveable do) is integrated into the theory books. Solfa helps students with ear training, transposing, sight reading and composition.