Are your students in need of some practice strategies to fix specific problems? Do you struggle to get them to practice more effectively – with a practice plan?
This workshop will take you through five fantastic practice strategies for piano students. Watch the video to learn what each of the practice techniques is for, and how to implement them with your piano students.
Practice Problems Targeted
These five practice strategies are designed to work on these common student practice problems. By targeting specific piano practice problems we get to the heart of the issue, and cure them long-term.
- Students playing too fast
- Rhythm issues
- Note reading misunderstandings
- Playing from the beginning
- Fluctuating tempo
Each of the strategies detailed in the video will give you a step-by-step process to follow to fix these piano student ailments. Following these gamified practice techniques, you don’t need to keep
nagging reminding your piano student to play slower – they’ll actually practice that way.
Why improve practice?
I don’t need to tell you how important piano practice is. But have you thought much about the quality of your students’ practice? Are they wasting some of their precious practice time?
- Students spend under 1% of their week with you.
- Their parents may not know anything about music – even if they do, they won’t understand practice the way we do.
- Students do need to practice, this is when most of the progress happens!
- But they need to practice well – kids have less time than ever before, we don’t want them to waste a drop of it.
- We need tofind a way to teach them (during the <1%) what to work on during the other 99% of the time, so that they can move forward in their studies.
More Practice Strategies
If you like the way I approach these practice strategies, you’ll love the full course: The Piano Physician’s Clinic.
In this course there are sixty four cures just like the five I shared here. There are videos detailing each of the practice techniques, printables, a workbook to follow along, and, best of all, a community.
You’re not alone in the course, you have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the practice ideas with myself and other teachers.
Click here to learn more about this course for piano teachers and enter the code “AWESOME5” at checkout to get $5 off.
Want to click back and forth through those slides as you please? Here’s the full slide presentation from the video.
Psst! Do you need more help with teaching practice strategies? Try these practice step stickers to make students stick to the practice plan.